Hello ladies, today we will talk about much-hyped kajal on Instagram- Plum: Nature studio all day wear kohl kajal. We have seen many fashion and beauty influencers promoting this product. So, I decided to buy this product and share my honest opinion on it.
I ordered this kohl pencil from Nykaa on the discounted price of 421 INR. The actual price of this product is 495 INR. Though it is a pencil kajal, so we get lots of product (1.2gm) to use. First of all, the packaging of the kajal is very good, you also get a good quality free sharpener in the packaging.
And when we talk about the product, it almost remains true to its claims.
- It doesn’t smudge at all. This kajal is 100% smudge-proof.
- It lasts more than 12 hours.
- It has a soft texture.
- It does come with gel-based formula & when you apply this as eyeliner, you do not feel like you are wearing kajal as eyeliner.
The only claim I found a bit problematic is “Single-swipe darkest black” claim. Though the kohl pencil has a nice black color it is not the darkest one. Also, you just don’t get the desired result in a single swipe. You need to swipe 3 to 4 times for darkest black color.
Otherwise, it stays true to its claims. You can get the pencil on multiple discounts also from different online portals like Amazon, Nykaa & Purplle.
The Kajal has other special features also like its paraben-free, mineral oil-free, preservative-free, paraffin-free and rich in Vitamin E which is a plus. This product comes up with 100% vegan formula.
So let’s sum up the review with quick pros & cons of this product.
- Water-resistant (Product slightly fades if you wash your eyes & gently dab)
- Long-lasting upto 12 hours
- No harsh chemicals
- Easily available online
- Can be used as kohl and eyeliner
- Vitamin-E enriched
- Soft texture
- “Single swipe darkest black” claim is not so true. You need to swipe least 3 times for the darkest black color.
- Sharpening causes product wastage.
- Not budget friendly, because as compared to other kajal available in the market it is expensive. We can say that it is neither most expensive nor cheap. This product is in between. But you won’t regret buying this product.
- Offline availability is the issue.
Also, as the product comes up with gel-based formula, it tends to get dry so make sure you always put a cap on the pencil after using it. Otherwise, you have to sharpen it to get rid of the dried product.
If you already tried the product and didn’t find it satisfying then I recommend you a gorgeous kohl pencil named- “Makeover Professional Tiens Eye Kajal.” I have used this pencil for more than two years. It’s just awesome. This pencil is also smudge-proof, highly pigmented and amazingly longlasting. You get 1.2gm of product in this kohl pencil same as Plum one. I have used this pencil as kohl and eyeliner both & it never disappointed me. You can get your hands on this pencil for 250-300 INR. It depends on the discounts you are getting. I used to buy the Tiens kohl pencil for 250 INR from a local retail shop. You can buy this kohl pencil online also.
So, I shared my opinion on this product. I guess if it is not a must have, if you are already happy with your kohl pencil then you do not need to spend on this pencil exclusively but if you haven’t found your ideal kohl pencil then you can go for it. You will love it.
I hope my review helped you guys. Will share my opinions on more products. Stay tuned.