The rainy season is undoubtedly the most fun time of the year but with the changing weather, you need to take extra care of your skin. Therefore, in today’s blog post, I will share some dope tips with you all. So that you can Monsoon-ready.
While the humidity is the main problem of this season which bothers skin health, people with the oily skin or acne prone skin suffer the most in Monsoon. As humidity stimulates oil production and it can provoke acne.
So what should you do to maintain a healthy skin?
First of all, you need to follow a good skin care regime according to your skin type. CTM (Cleansing, Toning & Moisturising) is a very important step to keep skin healthy and glowing. Exfoliate your skin on alternate days and avoid using makeup in this season as bacteria and other microbes are way more powerful which consequently lead to various skin problems. Things you should do-
- Invest in quality and organic products for CTM.
- Try to stay from chemical based products.
- Avoid using alcohol-based toners (Rose water works best as a toner for all skin type).
- People with oily skin should wash thrice their face with lukewarm water to get rid of excess oil as it will leave the skin soft.
- Use water-based moisturiser if you have an acne prone skin.
- Be gentle with your skin and don’t rub towel to dry your face just light dabs are enough. Even when you are choosing scrub for your skin, opt for mild ones as they really work best on all skin type.
- Try home remedies for face masks as keep maintain the distance from chemical products.
All in all just follow a good skin care regime, have a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
Meanwhile, my go-to home remedy for the instant glow and refreshed skin is a paste made from besan (Gram flour), turmeric, lemon and rose water. It gives an instant natural glow to my face. Also, perfect for combination & oily skin as well. If you have a dry skin you can mix milk instead of rose water. You can apply the paste and wash it once it gets dry or after 15-20 minutes. Voila! say hello to the soft glowing skin.
You can try this remedy as these ingredients are easily available in the kitchen. Furthermore, make sure you keep the quantity of lemon juice and turmeric minimal but significant enough. For an example: 1 tablespoon of besan, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2-3 pinches of turmeric and rose water to make the paste of medium consistency (not runny).
It is a perfect DIY for the instant results to try in Monsoon.
-> Don’t experiment with artificial jewellery, as humidity available in the air can create skin problem because of that such as breakout & rashes especially when you have a sensitive skin.
-> Don’t skip the sunscreen even if it is cloudy out there because sunscreen protects us from UV rays and those rays can harm our skin even on cloudy days.
-> If you have oily, acne prone and combination skin then cleanse your face thrice in Monsoon days for the normal and dry skin people cleansing face twice a day is adequate.
-> Don’t forget to drink 8-10 glass water a day. In humidity, we used to sweat a lot, so it’s important to keep our body hydrated. Hence, do not skip drinking enough water.
I hope you guys liked today’s post and it helped you. Will bring more amazing content, stay tuned.