Melanin is also known as skin pigment that results in the darker appearance of the skin, hair, and eyes. It is found in both animals and humans, and this property protects the skin from the adverse effects of the harmful UV rays. The improved melanin property in the skin also prevents the root cause of skin cancer. The latest surveys implement that the people who have darker skin are less prone to the symptoms of skin cancer. Therefore the concern for increasing Melanin in the skin is entertained.
The intake of nutrients in the form of food or drinks incorporates the count of Melanin in the skin of a human body. The natural melanin level is pre-set, and you might get darker by regular exposure of sun, which will eventually fade away, increasing the risk of skin cancer. The skin cells are the major contributors to the production of Melanin in the body. The need for vitamin C or E makes your skin look dry that is a sign of weak Melanin in your body. You must consume fatty acids to keep your skin moisturized and maintain the melanin levels in the body.
Scientific facts about Melanin:
It has several scientific facts that make it essential for a human body to get rid of certain skin oriented disorders. Some of those facts are:
- Melanin in the human skin acts as an aromatic biopolymer. It also acts as an organic semiconductor.
- There are three types of Melanin, such as Pheomelanin, allomelanin, and Eumelanin. These types of Melanin are extracted from the microorganisms, fungi, and vertebrates.
- Melanin in the living bodies helps to prevent the skin from UV radiation, temperature adverse impacts, and other false radiation that has a negative effect on the skin.
- Melanocyte is the cell that works efficiently in producing Melanin in the human skin.
Can we increase Melanin?
The answer to this question is absolutely yes, as different nutrient-rich foods naturally trigger the production of Melanin in the skin. The increased count of Melanin in the body by natural measures can also work effectively for fair skin individuals. For the record, there are no scientifically proven techniques to boost the Melanin production, but the nutrients and some remedies act effectively in the process.
How to increase Melanin?
The key to adding more Melanin count to your skin type is to intake maximum nutrients that are specified for the purpose. You can also make use of some techniques to get naturally tanned to start the production of Melanin in your body.
- The intake of Antioxidants works magnificently in increasing the production of Melanin in your body. The antioxidants in plants help in all the best ways possible.
- Some Vitamins such as Vitamin A, E, or C also helps boost the natural production of Melanin in the human skin.
- Use the technique of allowing the skin to absorb the UV radiations with SPF creams applied to it. Melanin tends to develop in the form of a protective layer for the skin to protect it from UV damage. Keep it within limits to avoid sunburns as it might damage the skin cells permanently.
Now, you have clear information about the increased Melanin levels in your skin. But if you are still uncertain about your Melanin levels, then you may also consult a skin doctor to get better insight or information about the same.
I hope this post has helped you guys in a way or another. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂